|Interview process description:
BPVAHCS Internship Application and Interview Process
Third or fourth year graduate students in APA approved clinical or counseling doctoral psychology training programs who are interested in applying for an internship position in our program should follow the online Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC) application instructions.
Your online AAPI application package should also include: a Verification of Internship Eligibility and Readiness completed by your graduate program Training Director, all official graduate transcript(s), three letters of reference from faculty members or practicum supervisors who know you and your work well, a cover letter, and a curriculum vitae.
You may ask to be considered (ranked) in one program/major area of emphasis (track).
___ General Psychology ___ Neuropsychology
The cover letter should clearly state your preference for General Psychology or Neuropsychology emphasis training.
AAPI application packets must be completed by Midnight on November 1, 2021 for consideration for Internship appointment beginning the following July. Individual interviews will be conducted by invitation only, following initial evaluation of application materials. Applicants invited to interview and attend the Open House will be notified no later than December 6, 2021.
The Bay Pines Internship Open House/Interview day(s) will be held on Thursday January 6, 2022 and Thursday January 13, 2022. We will follow the CDC and facility guidelines to determine if these events will be held virtually/Zoom or in-person on campus and will update our public materials in the Fall to reflect the venue for this year. Regardless of format, the Open House/Interview day(s) will be conducted from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST. The morning will include a program overview with the TD, followed by rotation presentations and Q&A with our training staff. The afternoon will include slide shows and/or golf cart and walking tours of our campus, offices and clinical program areas, a meet and greet Q&A with our current Internship cohort and interviews with TC staff. If you are unable to join us for one of our OPEN HOUSE/INTERVIEW dates, we will arrange for your interviews to be conducted virtually at a time convenient to you.
BAY PINES SELECTION PROCESS
- AAPI applications are reviewed by an administrator for completeness and eligibility.
- Completed applications are initially reviewed and rated by current members of the Training Committee who make recommendations to invite applicants for interviews.
- The Training Director reviews the resulting recommendations.
- The Training Director finalizes the list of applicants invited for interviews.
- Emails are sent to all applicants notifying them of interview selection decisions.
- Interviews are scheduled with Training Director or TC staff member designee.
- Each perspective Internship candidate is interviewed individually by two members of the Training Committee, in-person, by phone or video-teleconference. The candidates will also have the opportunity to meet with members of the training staff and current Internship cohort during (1) of the two OPEN HOUSES. Interns provide feedback to the Training Committee. Additionally, applications submitted by candidates are reviewed and rated by one current Intern.
- TC member and Intern ratings of application packets and interviews are compiled and an overall rating score is generated.
- The Training Committee meets to review ratings and rank applicants into specified tracks.
- The Training Director submits the final lists to the APPIC - National Matching System for matching.
- After the final match list is posted, successfully matched candidates are contacted by the Training Director.
The Internship strictly follows the APPIC match procedures in order to protect an applicant’s rights to freely choose among Internship sites. No person at this training facility will solicit, accept, or use any ranking related information from any Intern applicant prior to submitting our rank order for matching.
|We have matched with interns from these programs:
||University of South Florida, Ohio State University, Auburn University, Florida Institute of Technology, Drexel University, University of South Carolina, Texas Tech. University, the University of Minnesota, Adelphi University, University of Mississippi, the Virginia Consortium, University of Florida, Georgia State University, University of California, Santa Barbara, Hahnemann University, Ohio University, University of Connecticut, University of Denver, University of Southern Mississippi, University of Georgia, Penn State University, Indiana State University, University of South Dakota and Wright State University, University of Louisville, University of Miami, University of Missouri - St Louis, Argosy University, Atlanta, Argosy University - Washington, DC., Loma Linda University, University of Texas at Austin, Lehigh University, LaSalle University - PA, Regent University - Virginia Beach, Pacific Graduate School of Psychology, Palo Alto, CA, Emory University, University of Tulsa, University of Indianapolis, University of Mississippi, Alliant University/California School of Professional Psychology, San Francisco, University of Houston, Virginia Commonwealth University, Spalding University, Wright Institute, University of Central Florida, Virginia Tech, Fuller Theological Seminary and NOVA Southeastern University; Southern Methodist University; Central Michigan University; Idaho State University; Spalding University; William James College; University of So. Alabama; Northern Illinois University; Rosalin Franklin; Chestnut Hill College; Long Island University, Adler University, Yeshiva University - Ferkauf; University of Maryland; University of Georgia; National Louis University; St Mary's University; Idaho State University; University of South Dakota; Seattle Pacific University, Washington State University.