MAIC is an APA accredited clinical psychology internship program designed for The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (TCSPP), Washington DC Campus students, and for other TCSPP campuses during Phase II & Post Match Vacancy when slots are advertised. Interns place at one of 10 member sites for the entire year. The Consortium Training Director manages the program. MAIC operates as a learning community across all sites. Each site has a Primary Supervising Psychologist who manages the intern eperience at the site. All sites have other supervisory psychologists and multidisiplinary staff who work closely with the interns. Each site offers a broad range of generalist and speciality services, for both children and adults, and offers experiences with diverse populations with moderate to severe diagnoses. Note that all interns have experiences being supervised in crisis intakes, intervention, assessment, outreach, consultation, evidenced-based practice, culturally informed practice, case presentations, supervision of others, management activities, program development and specialty services at each site. Sites are organized so as to achieve all MAIC learning aims. Interns are evaluated on the new standards of accreditation competencies as listed in the Brochure. Site supervisors form an Oversight Committee for the benefit of quality assurance of the program. Interns visit all sites for training experiences and interact with each other weekly. Listed below is a brief description of each site, and more details can be found in the MAIC Brochure or by calling Dr. Emma Arons (202) 706-5105.
1. Barry Ekdom Ph.D. Inc (Inactive for 2019-2020)
2. Basics Group Practice: private practice, community outreach, diverse populations, schools, grants, child, adolescent, adult therapy and assessment, couples, groups
3. Center for Children: United Way, family based work, abuse assessment, sex offender groups, schools, advocacy, child and adult therapy and assessment, groups, and forensic assessments
4. Community Counseling & Mentoring Services (Inactive for 2019-2020)
5. Fairfax Mental Health and Wellness: private practice, general assessment, child and adult therapy and assessment, groups, collaboration with medication management providers as well as schools, pediatricians, physicians, and other mental health professionals
6. Interdynamics: private practice, general assessment, forensic and neuropsychology assessment, schools, child and adult therapy and assessment, substance abuse, couples, groups
7. County of Loudoun, Virginia, Mental Health, Substance Abuse & Developmental Services: public clinic, community mental health, play therapy, foster care/adoption, military, immigration, child and adult therapy, groups, and assessment
8. Prince William Family Counseling: private practice, family support, hospital, child, adolescent, adult geriatric therapy and assessment
9. Washington Medical Group: medical practice, neuropsychology integration, TBI, adolscent to adult therapy and assessment, integrative health and rehabilitation
10. Sterling Behavioral Health Services: large private psychiatric and psychological services, integrative health, child, adolescent, adult therapy and assessment, medical learning
Each site offers 2 intern positions.
Request MAIC Brochure from email@example.com if you would like for more details.